Matrix 17

TD_Maker

Chief Petty Officer
My Depth Finder sucks. I recently purchased a Humminbird Matrix 17 (relaced a Matrix 15 which also sucked) for my 20 ft Aquasport Offshore Boat. I have literally made swiss cheese out of my transom trying to find a suitable spot in which to mount the transducer. NOTHING seems to be working for me. This thing continues to lose the bottom at any speed. I am considering purchasing an additional transducer (puck style) and glueing it down to the bottom of the hull. If this does not work, I will be taking a hammer to the thing this weekend.<br /><br />Does anyone have any ideas on a decent depth finder that can handle depths up to 150 ft?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Matrix 17

Just about any Lowrance or Eagle.<br /><br />Never had a 'bird that worked, never had an Eagle that didn't.

TD_Maker

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Matrix 17

JB,<br />Are you kidding about that? I always had good luck with the older style Birds (remember the 4 ID's?) Everyone I know is having the same Humminbird problems. I thought maybe the transducer was bad or something. I will try the Lowrance or Eagle.