Minn Kota = Customer Service

donnenluja

Cadet
Just a note to all who are in the market for a trolling motor. I just wanted to post what a truly great experience I have had in dealing with Minn Kota since purchasing my boat last month. The boat came with a Minn Kota 765MX trolling motor but of course, as most used sales go, there was no documentation which accompanied the motor. I contacted Minn Kota via their website http://www.minnkotamotors.com/contact_us/index.asp because the motor was quite noisy. The representative answered my email immediately and sent me a PDF file of a schematic and parts list for my motor. What a deal, right? Well, it gets better. The representative then got my mailing address and sent me a free owner's manual for my motor as well and informed me of the most common problems to look for with my noisy motor. <br /><br />With the information given, I then contacted Minn Kota's parts department where I dealt with some of the most personable and helpful people you can imagine. The representative took all my part numbers and had them sent out overnight at my request and the parts were there lickity split the next morning. In my excitement I rushed home to replace the damaged components only to find the motor casing sent was the wrong length! :( I called back the next morning bright and early and talked with my original representative. She apologized profusely and stated that my motor casing was no longer in production, but her system said the one sent should work which is why she sent it. <br />Well, one thing led to another and it turned out that they had the complete motor assy for my unit and they threw in several free bonuses which I will not discuss so not as to commit them to anything. Let's just say I am extremely happy now and got a very smoking deal on a first rate product. :D And at no extra charge, the part was delivered in time for my weekend fun! <br /><br />Now if that is not first rate customer service, then I beg you to tell me what is. Suffice it to say that any time I need a motor for my boat, I will be contacting the nice folks at Minn Kota and Johnson Motors. <br /><br />Thanks again to floatingwoody2006 for your first tip to contact Minn Kota direct which started this whole thing. :D

b.gagnon

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Minn Kota = Customer Service

I have had very good luck with them too!

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer

Here Here.. They were excellent in providing a manual to me also.. In fact.. I need a new trolling motor for my small boat. The comparable motor guide was 50$ less, but im staying loyal just from the experience i have had already.

Rudy Brown

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've had great luck with Minn-Kota's service too. I now own 2 of their trolling motors and if need be, I'll buy another one.

Pogo123

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I agree .. some of the most helpful and knowledgable people I've ever dealt with.

Terry Olson

Chief Petty Officer

I'm in the market for a trolling motor and wanted to thank you guys for your posts - this makes the brand choice very easy for me. I was already leaning toward a Minn Kota. After hearing about your experiences that decision is made. <br /><br />Thanks.

NBE

Petty Officer 1st Class

All very well said and that is why I will never own anything but a Minn Kota.