Lenco Trim tab problem

BadgerXXX

Cadet
Have a pair of 12X12 Lenco tabs. <br />Starboard will extend but not retract. <br />Port side works fine.<br /><br />IF I switch out the wires the starboard works fine so I know the tab is fine.<br /><br />Could this be anything but a bad switch before I go buy one?

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: Lenco Trim tab problem

Troubleshooting Guide<br /> <br />Problem: Trim tabs do not work together independently, or intermittently.<br /><br />Solution Sequence:<br /><br />Inspect fuse (optional) at fuse panel. Replace if necessary.<br />Verify that all connections at tactile switch control box or double rocker switch assembly are tight and in place.<br />Make sure that switch assembly has a solid ground. <br />If the power actuator cables were spliced inside the transom, inspect joint for positive connection.<br />If, after following steps stated above, the actuators still do not operate properly — STOP and call the factory for further assistance at 772-288-2662<br /><br />ADDITIONAL INFORMATION<br /><br />Check electrical connections behind switch and make sure ground wire is in place.<br /><br />If tabs malfunction or tabs become stuck in the down position while underway, remove pin or bolt at the lower mounting bracket.<br /><br />To reposition the actuator, turn stainless steel ram counterclockwise and reattach. You can also resecure the tab manually by fastening the lower mounting bracket. <br /><br />
LencoSwitchWiring.jpg