Depthfinder help

GraAlaMat77

Seaman
I am putting a Humminbird 565 on the front of my boat. I am getting the quick disconnect thing so that I can move it easier, but what do I do about hooking it to the trolling motor. Do I only buy the adapter to hook it to the motor, or do I also buy the high speed sensor adaptar, can someone tell me what all I need to purchase?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Depthfinder help

Quick disconnect thing for what. A trolling motor or the locator. If I understand your question, you need the following:<br />1) Locator<br />2) Transducer (should come with locator)<br />3) Trolling motor transducer mount (about 12 bucks here on iBoats)<br />4) Locator swivel mount with quick release.<br />Mount the transducer braket to the trolling motor. Attach the transducer to the bracket and route the cable up the shaft. If you have a MinnKota Power Drive this takes special routing. If the troller has a sissor mount, tie-wrap the transducer cable to the shaft and route it to the Locator (leave cable slack where necessary). Mount the quick release, attach the locator to it, run 12V to the locator. Connect the transducer cable to the locator and go fishing.