Transducer help on 1992 javelin bass boat

cat-n-tenn

Cadet
I have a javelin 389t bass boat and i just bought a eagle 500c gps/fishfinder. I was wanting to put transducer on rear of boat, but where is the best place to install it ? On the javelin in the rear there is a drop off from the pad then under that is the area where the livewell holes and water plug, which area do i mount the transducer ? Someone had told me that i will have to mount inside the rear of boat...but will this interfere with how good it picks up ? please help

cart7

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Transducer help on 1992 javelin bass boat

Not down under on the pad, you could have water flow interferance problems to the prop.<br /><br />Try looking for an area on the first step up from the pad around the first chine.

Boatist

Rear Admiral
Re: Transducer help on 1992 javelin bass boat

I do not know your boat but many bass boats do have a location to install tranducer insid for a shoot thru hull. Check with your boat dealer. If boat has a place to install they work very well.<br /><br />If you deside to install on the transom then it must be on the lower portion. If your saying there is a step up to a higher protion and you install it on the higher portion it will not work at planing speeds. <br /><br />Before installing I would call both Eagle and your boat dealer. Both the dealer and Eagle should give your good information about installation.