Garmin/Mapsource US Recreational Lakes

Dr. Rich

Cadet
Is anyone familiar with this Mapsource software addition to the GPS? I live in Central US and am interested in the utility of US Central Recreational Lakes for on lake navigation,depth charting, marinias, ramps and fishing hot spots. Thanks! Rich

jeff_nicholas

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Garmin/Mapsource US Recreational Lakes

Goto:<br /> http://www.garmin.com/cartography/ <br />Select your area of the country under "MapSource Map Viewer:" and you can zoom in to see exactly what you'll get.<br /><br />Here's an example.<br />
us-rlwfish.jpg
<br /><br />I love the Mapsource products.

islandboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Garmin mapsource programs are very good. It makes entering new waters easier and even helps while navigating in familiar waters. It makes the Garmin gps twice as useful. The ability to search, file routes and waypoints and just play with the program on the PC while at home is a big benefit. I have the mapsource Roads and recreation and U.S. Topo CD's and Bluechart CD. Bluechart may not help with inland navigation or points of interest, but it's great in the Gulf. Roads and Recreation may be more of you want.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You did this in Freshwater fishing, Doc.<br /><br />If you are gonna duplicate it, let's do it in Electronics.

Dr. Rich

Cadet

Thanks! I'll be glad to. The forum respnses have been very helpful. Rich