nav light not working

mar t gray

Cadet
would someone please look over this diagram web page paying attention to the nav lights (all others work)i got the ancor light to work but i can't get the nav light to work test meter reads low to nil on the nav but 12+ on the anc light

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: nav light not working

Electric topic

vipzach

Lieutenant

I have not looked at your schematic yet. When it is reading low to nil, is that at the light itself? If so, have you checked or replaced the wiring going to the lights, or possibly the socket?

18rabbit

Captain

I looked at your schematic. Forget it...it is a plan for dc wiring, not necessarily what you have. If you did have that, it would be working.<br /> :) <br /><br />If you have voltage on the downstream side of that 5amp fuse, and you do if your bow light works, your problem is likely with the switch…is it wired correctly? Is the switch itself functioning properly? It could be the wire as Vipzach mentioned, or corroded connections. If it were a short I would expect that 5-amp fuse to blow, so I wouldn’t be looking for that, yet.<br /><br />Btw, I didn’t see an anchor light on that schematic, only a stern light (white) and bow light (red/green). Not uncommon for the anchor light to be integrated into the stern light but it would require a double-throw switch designed to light the bow and stern on one throw and just the stern/anchor light on the other throw. If this is your setup, I’d definitely be looking at the way that double-throw switch is wired.

Dunaruna

Admiral

I'd like to help but the picture is very blurry, I can't read the print.

mar t gray

Cadet

HERES A BETTER PICK AND A LINK TO FARIA I NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO PLUG THE 1 GRAY WIRE (SIGNAL?) AND THE 2 PURPLE (IGNITION?)AND IF I'VE CONNECTED THE BLUE AND BLACK WIRES CORRECTLY?<br />TY<br />MARTY

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

I think you need to explain what's not working, obviously if things are wired according to these diagrams they will work. What are you calling the nav light (the bow light), is that a on-off-on 3 position switch? If so does the anchor light work in both on positions? I find these web page diagrams very fuzzy, even tried to download one so I could blow it up but it's still fuzzy.

mar t gray

Cadet

WELL THE LIGHTS IN THE INSTRUMENTS DON'T LIGHT UP THE TACH DON'T READ AS FAR AS FUZZY THATS THE BEST I CAN DO