Good place to buy boat seats?

Trent54

Cadet
Hey all, I recently got a boat that is in need of some work. It is a 1973 starcraft Islander. I want to put some bench seats in the back, but was really suprised to find that they are running around 200-300 bucks, and 4-500 for a fold out. <br /><br />Does anyone know of a good place, online or otherwise to find stuff like this? It seems like the majority of stuff I've found is way overpriced.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Trent

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: Good place to buy boat seats?

The news is grim. As the foam that makes up a seat is a petrolium based product the prices for this and all other upholstry foam is going up and up with the price of oil.<br /><br />I saw a place called Geldert's boat seats on the web that was about 550 for the pair. Best I could find.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

And there isn't much hope in finding a deal, unless you find some clean used ones at a boat yard.<br />I'm also going to have to replace the two buckets in my Cobra project boat. But I've been eyeballing those tractor seats with built-in supension, as opposed to marine seats due to the price markup when something begins with the word, "marine.<br />They should fit and werk great.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to Boats.

dajohnson53

Lieutenant Commander

Haven't priced boat seats for a couple of years. But back then, there were many, many options from pretty cheap to pretty expensive. Check out Cabela's, Overtons, etc. They have quite a variety. Someone else mentioned Geldert's (sp?). They are a good company and often have "leftovers" - from custom jobs that weren't claimed for some reason. If you're trying to match a color, they'll send you swatches.<br /><br />Good luck.

bekosh

Lieutenant

Don't forget to check ebay. New seats show up there quite often and sometimes at a good price. I got 2 brand new lounge seats for under $200 including shipping.

dakotashooter2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

When you say bench seats I presume you ar talking about a single seat the full width of the boat. Have you considered using 3 or four (as space permits) of the fold down seats placed side to side ($25-$60 each)? You could build your own box/platform for them to sit on if needed.