Painting a boat

RomanRegal

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi,<br />Once this boating season is over in Wisconsin, I plan on repaiting my 1987 Regal. I do not have a way of spray painting, but I was wondering whether there was a acceptable roll or brush on paint that would look decent when buffed out. It would be a Burgundy gloss.<br />Thanks Roman<br />P.S. Fiberglass hall 24footer

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Painting a boat

Roman - Let me introduce you to the Search function. It is at the top of the page. Enter painting & read away.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

Roman,there is a method called "roll and tip" it takes 2 people and the right kind of paint and it will yeild a sprayed looking finish.I read about it in the boat us publication.One person applies paint with a roller and the other follows directly behind him with a QUALITY wet brush.Sounds easy but Im sure it takes a little practice to get it right.Charlie

RomanRegal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the info. What I will try to do this next Spring is to wet sand and buff the finish. The boat looks great in the front, it is towrd the stern that there is some chalking and crazing. Before painting, I try to sand and buff. Maybe I can hold off painting for a couple of years.<br />Roman