I need wiring diagrams for MotorGuide Brave

I have a motorguide brave 18lb thrust motor that was given to me. The problem is has it thatit will only go in one direction without reversing the wire on the switch. The direction switch has Rev,Off and Fwd. The speed switch has 1,2,3. Both switches are new. Does anyone have any ideas or know where I can obtain a wiring diagram to help figure out what is going on.<br /><br /><br />Thanks in Advance<br />lostinthewater

hunt-fish.com

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: I need wiring diagrams for MotorGuide Brave

Try http://www.trollingmotorparts.com . They were extremly helpful with my problem on my Motor Guide trolling motor. Fast email response with the directions to fix the problem myself. They also have links to Motor Guide and Minn-Kota where you can find diagrams online.<br /><br />Good luck!<br /><br />John<br /> http://www.hunt-fish.com

Thx for the effort. I contacted them and they are looking into it, should be emailing (i hope!) I have gotten some help from JB as well. I think he has gotten it figured out. I am Hoping it is the switch<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Lost

Lostinthewater2

Recruit

This message is for lostinthewater.<br />I also was recently given a Motorguide Brave with 18 lb thurst. The previous owner removed both the forward/reverse switch and the speed switch. It is marked for a 3 speed switch. I think both switches are bushing mount toggle switches. <br /><br />I would like to know if you can tell me where to find replacement switches and also if you have a wiring diagram that would help me figure out how to reconnect the switches.<br /><br />You may email me directly at MILL1402@bellsouth.net<br /><br />Any help appreciated.

trumanlake

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hey brave have you found what you needed yet?