evinrude scout trolling motor

rodster

Seaman
hello ,<br />can someone assist me with my trolling motor problem.<br />i have the scout 12/24v trolling motor, and the dial for 2nd and 3rd gear on both 12/24 v setting doesn't work.<br /><br />With this model being out for such some time, is this common problem and what do i need to do?<br />thanks

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: evinrude scout trolling motor

That may be a tough nut, but repost this in the trolling motor/electric section. Someone may be able to help.<br /><br />These haven't been on the market for a long time, now.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moved per CAT suggestion.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

rodster...can you give me a year or model number?

KCLOST

Commander

I have the same problem except I have lost the 1st and 2nd speeds... I replaced the speed switch to no avail.. It appears to be a problem with the coils in the lower unit..

bigbassbrent

Cadet

KCLOST and rodster I have both of your problems. For 6 months I only had low and medium speed. This weekend I lost low and medium but I gained the hi speed. And the motor only works on hi speed if the motor's direction is shifted all the way to the right before the power "button" is depressed on the foot pedal. Once the prop is spinning I can change the direction and keep power flowing to the prop. But can only start it spinning when the direction is full left. Gotta be loose wires or something. Just wondering if you guys solved the issues on your motors??? Or if anyone has any ideas???

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

That's interesting - I had the same issue with my motorguide where it would only start spinning in the full heel-down position, but I could change direction once it started. <br /><br />Took the cover off the head (top of the shaft - not the actual motor) - didn't see any bare wires or corrosion or insulation problems or anything - but when I put it back together, it worked. Must have been something binding in there somewhere. That's electricity for ya.<br /><br />You might also want to look at the wiring under the pedal - I had a different problem caused by a connector that got bent just a little - but enough to arc to another connector - shorted out sometimes.

marine1371

Recruit

hey im trying to find my year and thrust of my trolling motor, if you can help that be great... its a scout 24 model number "eb145" and serial number " e0003134"