stereo install

husaburg560

Cadet
I was wondering if anyone knew how to wire up a radio? It's been so long since I have done it. I know the red wire goes to 12 volts all the time. The black one is the ground. Then there is a yellow one and a blue one. Which one of these do I hook up to 12 volts only when the switch is on? Any info is greatly appreciated. :D

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: stereo install

Here is what I think, I know that the black is ground, Duh. The red goes to the switch so when you turn off the ignition the radio goes off. I think that the yellow goes to hot all the time for the memory and the blue may be an electric antena wire.<br /><br />Disclaimer: If you follow my advice, I an not resposable for what happens. So dont do it on my advice only. You should try and find a schematic online by the manufacture of the unit.

vipzach

Lieutenant

lube is right about the wires :) <br />red=switched 12V<br />yellow=12v constant<br />black=ground<br />blue=amp/power antenna<br />Good Luck!

brunowren

Seaman

Way to go Lube ! Now what is the purple wire with the neon green poka dots ? :D <br /><br />Hold onto to that Blue wire Husaburg! When you are ready to install all the AMps , take out the live well and put in a 12" subwoofer so you can really wake up the fish, that is your remote turn on for the amps also (some newer stereos do have seperate ant and remote wires but most use the same)

husaburg560

Cadet

I have it hooked up and working, however something seems funny with it. For it to work I had to hook up the blue wire to the red wire then connect those to switched 12v. That was the only way I could get it to work. This is an old Kenwood tape deck that worked great when I took it out of my truck. That don't seem right about the blue one needing switched 12v though.