Batteries.........

katmol

Recruit
I'm confused... Went to the local WM Store for new batteries for me boat. Needed two strong deep cycle batteries for my trolling motor and a good starting, radio, lights and accessories battery. I see a battery that is called EverStart Marine Extreme. It has 825 marine cranking amps and 205 reserve amps. What is that. Will it work good for both trolling motor and starting. Of course no one at the store had any idea.

KM2

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Batteries.........

I have heard good things about those batteries, especially when you consider the price. I plan on getting one for my troller, soon as I find a bigger battery tray. I think it's overkill for a starting battery.

18rabbit

Captain

Hint: notice the use of the word Start in EverStart. If it is a starting battery, not a deep cycle battery, don't get it. You need a deep cycler for those trolling motors.<br /><br />Fwiw, I do not recommend a dual-use battery for pure deep cycle application. OK for pure starting apps.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have used Everstart Marine Maxx dual purpose batteries (the big yellow ones) for years and found them excellent.<br /><br />I use one battery for both applications. I think if I was going to use one for starting and others for the troller I would go for batteries specific to those purposes. Everstart are very good batteries and priced well.<br /><br />Good luck. :)