Trolling batteries took a dump!

LubeDude

Admiral
Well, Now I have to follow my own advice and get two new Trojan Deep Cycles. There is over $100.00 I didnt want to spend. Well, when the guide thing comes through, I will be set with new batteries.

ZmOz

Captain
Re: Trolling batteries took a dump!

I noticed the other day that GI Joes has Trojan batteries on sale for 10% off if you've got one around you... :)

LubeDude

Admiral

Thanks, But the closest one around is a 200 mile round trip. Ill tell the place where i am going about it though and maybe they will meet the price. You never know untill ya try.

ZmOz

Captain

You can print their weekly ad from the website...that will probably help. :) I think the batteries are in there, though the ad is just a red X at the moment.

LubeDude

Admiral

Well, the damage is done, I must have been dreaming when I said $100.00, :eek: actually I knew better than that.<br /><br />$$$$$$$$$$ :eek: :eek: OUCH :eek: :eek: $$$$$$$$$$<br /><br />They did however give me 10% off when I told them about the sale. :D

LubeDude

Admiral

Well, the new batteries are in the boat, I even finally installed the onboard battery charger I purchased from JB over a year ago. Ill try them out tonight as I am taking the little wifey out fishing after work. She wanted to go yesterday, but I didnt have the time. Ill try and get into one of those four pounders we were caching Sunday afternoon.

Realgun

Commander

So Lube did you have to get Trojans? :D Lube those look good and I am lucky there is a store close by. Maybe when I get a trolling motor I will need another battery.

LubeDude

Admiral

:D :D Trojans :D :D . was i the only one who had a circle that showed through on my wallet in my younger years?<br /><br />Anyway, I wanted to get the best value for my buck as I intend to really fish a lot the rest of the year. I hope I did the right thing as I have been telling people here on the forums to get Trojans so I figured I had to take my own advice.<br /><br />I bought them from a place here that only sells batteries, I have been talking to these guys for over a year and we buy all of our batteries from them, mostly Optimas. They new what I wanted and have told me from the start that the Trojans were the only deepcycle battery that they almost never ever got back, and when they did it was because someone had allowed it to stay discharged too long and it could not be brough back to a full charge. They told me that if I took good care of them that they would likly last around 6-8 years. They are the heavyest battery I have ever seen.

Richard Petersen

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The heaviest size 27 is the best. You always want to buy the heavy lead in a lead battery. Look at the weight of a size 27 golf cart 12 volt battery.

LubeDude

Admiral

Im only able to fit the 24s in my boat, but I have two hooked together. I went out last evening with the new batteries, fished three hours, and the battery meter never went off full charge. So far, Im estatic.<br /><br />I think Batteries should be sold by the pound.

skeeterboy

Petty Officer 1st Class

yea i had the same prob about 2 weeks ago stupid batteries. I think i will get a trojan for my next battery. let me know how you like them. good luck with them!