sound barrier stereo

djburr

Cadet
Do any of you know of sound barrier stereos? I just bought a combo from bass pro shops and installed it.......just to find out it doesnt work.....<br /><br />No sound out of any of the channels....<br /><br />Any ideas......Im going to smash it.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: sound barrier stereo

Good idea, Burr. Then you can listen to water lapping, engines purring, reels screaming, birds and other sounds that belong on the water.

waterone1@aol.com

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well, I'm not sure what the above has to do with solving the problem ? Let's face it,sound barrier is not exactly a well respected name in audio. With that said, even a $39.99 blue light special should work out of the box. If you just bought the unit, take it back for a replacement....it should be a warranty exchange. Ask them to check out the new unit before you leave the store (they have 12V power supplies and speakers there).

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sorry about that, Burr. It was rude of me.<br /><br />I had a flashback to a day in a quiet cove on Lake Of The Woods in Canada. The eagles screamed, the lure went plop-plop-plop, then SPALASHHHH!! a big northern hit. The drag went screeeee!<br /><br />Out of nowhere came BOOM, BOOM, BOOM accompanied by incoherent screeching. A disco-metalflake bassrocket shot by at about mach 1, the driver (?) waving a can of adult beverage at us.<br /><br />If you happen on that guy, how about smashing his speakers for me. :)

waterone1@aol.com

Lieutenant Junior Grade

JB, I'm with you on the noise pollution, I wish boaters would be more considerate of each other. I do, however believe that there is a time and place for music on the water, and if some boaters are tied up together away from shore and away from fishermen and want to crank up some tunes....hey, why not.