Need help with mounting transducer to trolling motor??

wallyevs012

Seaman Apprentice
Hi Folks, I have a Garmin 160 FF that is three years old. Bought a new Lowrance and I would like to move the Garmin to the bow mount trolling motor. I purchased a bracket to do this that was shipped from Garmin and there is no way that it will mount that transducer. It just does not work according to the instructions. I wrote to Garmin about it. The factory package was marked on the bag that it was for the Garmin 160??? Anyone know if there are more than one type transducers??? Any way I can rig something that would work i.e. like bending some sheet metal and hose clamping to motor?? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Wally

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: Need help with mounting transducer to trolling motor??

did you check with garmin to see if they can swap you for a round puck type xducer that has slots for a hose clamp? some makers have 2 types of xducers, like HBird. also, you can get holders for the hull type xducer to put on TM with a hose clamp. i've seen & used both types, but not for garmin.<br /><br />you could make a holder. the adptr for putting a hull type xducer on a TM looks like a C, with the little hinge section to hook up to xducer, and above that, a little gap, and the top of the C as a little flat bar to have the hose clamp run over the flat bar, above the xducer. as in the middle of the "C". <br /><br />hope that's not too confusing. it seems you should be able to find an aftermarket bracket online for converting most hull type xducer to a TM, but i haven't looked. HBird just let me send in hull type, and sent back the puck TM type. good luck. :) <br /><br />heck, you might be able to take the orig garmin hull mount, flip it upside down, to let the hinge close on top, and run the hose clamp around that...

wallyevs012

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Need help with mounting transducer to trolling motor??

ebb,<br /> Thanks for the reply, but, that xducer mount shown will not work. Wish I could show you a picture of the xducer. I'm going to get a thin piece of sheet metal to cut drill and bend it to shape and try that. Wally