Fair is Fair

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer
A year or so ago I made a post about the crappy service I was getting from Standard Horizon on my CP 150 GPS. 5 to 6 weeks for a repair.<br /><br />They must have changed their service department because I sent it back last Thurs. to have it repaired again. They returned it today. <br />Big ups to them and to a rep. named Scott Dolliver in their customer service department.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Fair is Fair

That's good news, Mr. LF.<br /><br />Thanks for spreading the word about quality service.

18rabbit

Captain

When I want a GPS/chartplotter that requires being sent in for annual repairs, I’m definitely buying a Standard Horizon product. Thanks for the warning, Mr. Ladyfish. :confused: :rolleyes:

Mr.Ladyfish

Believe me Rabbit this was not the plan when I originally purchased the GPS. I went by a friend's advice as to reliability and dollar value. Big mistake. This is the 3rd unit they have sent me in a little over 2 years. If I had to do all over again I would definately buy something else. I almost trash canned it this time but there are a few other boat projects that I want to spend money on so I decided to give it one more go. The other problem is that nobody else that I've found uses c-map cartridges. I have $200.00 tied up in the cartridge.<br /><br />For what it's worth, my friend has had his for over 3 years and has never had a bit of trouble.<br />He's a charter captain and I go to him for fishing/boating advice because of his experience. He feels so bad about reccomending Std. Horizon that he won't give me advice on anything else.

Mr.Ladyfish

Thanks, I knew Raymarine used them but I've been told to steer clear of their stuff. I'll look into the others.<br /><br />LF loves the boat and loves to fish but she does keep a close eye on what I spend. She's got a whole other set of specifications for "want" and "need" than I do. ;)