Motor Guide Brute 667

mcpo

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Can anyone tell me if a Motor Guide Brute 667 (67 lb thrust) 45" shaft, etc, with foot control bypass is a good trolling motor? I have a chance to get one for about $150.00, gator mount and all. This is hand controlled but has a bypass foot control. What is that?<br />Thanks<br />Cal

SharkByte

Cadet
Re: Motor Guide Brute 667

I have a MG Brute w/ a Gator mount and a foot control, different model though. I "assume" from your question that you are wondering what a foot control is. The bypass would mean that it would allow you to bypass the hand steering and use the foot control, a really large gas pedal hinged in the middle, to control the motor. Imagine sitting in your fishing seat at the bow and having a big ole pedal that you can use to control the speed and direction of your trolling motor. Imagine how much easier this is to use if that big fish you're fighting starts pulling the bow around. Instead of taking your hand off the reel to adjust your trolling motor, you just step on that monster pedal and guide it where you want. I really like mine. The only thing that took me a while to get used to was turning the boat 90 degrees from the direction you are headed. It will spin the trolling motor real quick form the torque produced, and want to keep turning if you don't prepare for it. I wouldn't consider this a negative, though. Oh, and mine also has 5 speeds to choose from, selectable by using your foot. Hope this helps your decision.