Western Wind trolling motor mount?

MickLane

Cadet
Time to avail meself of the collective wisdom. I recently purchased a used trolling motor, and the fella included a mount which is used (I assume) to mount the motor on the front when you don't have a deck such as on a fishing boat. It has three legs that are adjustable. The only markings on it are "Western Wind Pt-1987" and then the patent number. It is a very well built contraption. The question is does anyone know what it is and what it should be worth. I didn't need it, so I am going to sell it. Any info appreciated.<br /><br />All the best,<br /><br />Mick

MickLane

Cadet
Re: Western Wind trolling motor mount?

I do, and if you will send me an email addy I will be happy to share it with you.<br /><br />Mick

MickLane

Cadet

Thank you, Rick. The pic's are on the way to you in your email.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Some pics of Mick Lane's "Western Wind Pt-1987" Trolling Motor Mount. He would like to know if anyone knows anything about it and is it worth anything? Any help, Guys??? <br /><br /><br />
trollingmount.jpg
<br /><br /><br />
trollingmountside.jpg
<br /><br /><br />
trollingmountabove.jpg

nimmor

Petty Officer 1st Class

Never seen one before and looked on EBAY and didn't see one either so I don't have any ideal what one would be worth. But is a impressive device. Wish I had one a few years ago when I had my flatbottom.

pcpurchaser

Recruit

Amazingly I was about to buy a new trolling motor. I have the same trolling motor adapter that I purchased from Cabellas when I purchased my minkota trolling motor maybe 15/20 years ago. The center leg attached to the trailering winch ring on the front of your boat an the other two legs attached to hardware pre-mounted on either guardrail at the open bow of your boat. Surprisingly I'm looking at a new minkota V2 and if my measurements are correct, a 2011 V2 will also work with the adapter.