interference from 2nd fishfinder despite rerouting

barrycyphers

Recruit
I have a lowrance fishfinder mounted near driver on my skeeter and an eagle classic plus (or something like that. it is around 5 yrs.old) mounted on the bow with the transducer on the trolling motor. The lowrance transducer is mounted on the stern. I was getting interference on the bow mount eagle when I turned on the lowrance. I rerouted the power supply on the eagle bow mount on opposite side of boat from all other wires including the lowrance and hooked it straight in on one of the trolling motors. <br />I still get interference when I turn on the lowrance even though they are nowhere near each other. Can anyone tell me why or how to correct?<br />Thanks

imported_JD__

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: interference from 2nd fishfinder despite rerouting

Barry,<br />Does it do it in depths of less thatn 15-20 feet?If not, the Eagle is probably picking up the impulse (ping) from the Lowrance unit. Since they operate at or near the same frequency, there's not much you can do but live with it or only run one at a time. You could angle the ducer a little forward on the trolling motor and angle the one on the stern rearward but that wil give you somewhat of an incorrect reading plus partial arches, etc. I have an 18 foot boat with a LCX-15 MT, transducer at the stern and an old Eagle X65 up front w/'ducer on the trolling motor. If I run them both I get spikes, stumps and vertical bars on the X-15.

reneauew

Cadet

I've got two Eagle Cuda 168's mounted just like you have. I've found if you turn down the sensitivity of both units it will eliminate the interference unless you are real shallow. Hope this helps.

Boatist

Rear Admiral

Barry<br />My friends 19 foot bass boat has the same problem. Like JD said it has nothing to do with the power but just that the tranducers ping the same area. My friends boat it works pretty well in shallow water but over about 20 feet start to have problems.

barrycyphers

Recruit

Thanks guys it does seem to be the problem.

Boatist

Rear Admiral

Barry<br />I do not see it as a problem. When under way with the trolling motor out of the water use back unit. When running the trolling motor turn the back one off.<br />If you really want to run two at once then change one to a 50khz type unit. Leave the other one with the 200 hkz unit. You will catch more fish if you watch your line not the depth finder.<br /><br />When Black Bass fishing we will use the back unit to find structure where we have caught fish before. Then drop the trolling motor and use it to stay at the right depth. I do not think ever caught a fish I saw on the depth finder when bass fishing.