transom mount to bow mount ??

teamstromer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: transom mount to bow mount ??

wayne,<br />check the cabelas magazine or web site. they have a bow mount bracket at a reasonable price.<br /><br />teamstromer

Beck

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wayne..<br /><br />I used a 6" piece of 3" all. angle, bolted it to front of my flatboat and bolted a 3"x6" piece of wood to the part sticking up. I bolt my trolling motor to that. I used all ss mounting bolts and have been using it for years. You could get the piece of angle from any all. frabication shop for next to nothing may even be scrap from a larger job.<br /><br />Beck

John_S

Rear Admiral

I use a home fabricated bow mount for my Motor Guide transom mount. Works well, but have one caution, which looks like applies to this ebay mount as well. Because the mount tilts the motor head forward, you have to be very careful about underwater collisions. Normally at the transom, if you hit a hard object, it will just pop out a particular setting. In the front mount position, it can't do that. It is very easy to bend the shaft. I did this in a 14' light alum boat, semi-vee, one person and minimal gear. Hit at trolling setting of three. I believe it is the 40lb thrust model. Lucky for me, the shaft bend was only minor, but does make it hard to slide the shaft up the mount now. <br /><br />Another tip, I found some black pvc pipe that fit nice over the handle. Made a good, cheap extenstion, which works well when only myself in the boat, operating from center seat. If in front seat, by myself and no gas motor on transom, it will bow steer back and forth. This pvc had a natural slight curve in it. I slide it over the handle, curve down. makes it easy to detect which setting 1-5, or reverse is engaged.<br /><br />Hope this helps.