Help identifying Evinrude/OMC Trolling motor

mwpearce

Recruit
I just purchased a boat with an Evinrude (OMC) trolling motor on it and I cannot find any information about it. The foot pedal has model number BFL4S and it is a 24 volt motor.<br />Does anyone know where to look to get the specs on this motor? Thrust, etc.?<br />Thanks.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help identifying Evinrude/OMC Trolling motor

Even'n MW....welcome to iboats.<br /><br />The BFL4S was made from '94 to '96. Most likely a 52lb. thrust, silent start. I got one. Wouldn't trade it fer' nothin'. :D

mwpearce

Recruit

Thanks for the reply. This has been a difficult TM to find information on for me.<br />Since it is still to cold where I am to take the boat out, and this being a new boat for me, is this lb thrust enough for a 20' Fish and Ski? I am just trying to plan my potential expenses out and I am only familiar using a Motorguide TM.<br />Thanks.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I would think so MW....I got mine on a 16' StarCraft Super Sport. The 24V does real good. My bud has a 12/24 42lb (I think 42) on his 18' Fisher. Both have high sides and act like sail boats in the wind. I just kick the speed up a notch and it seems to do just fine. Same with my buddies boat.