Hour Meter With Resetable Feature?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Is anyone aware of an hour meter with a resetable function like the trip recorder in a speedometer. <br /><br />It would be exellent for keeping track of different maintainance and or fuel use times.

Boatist

Rear Admiral
Re: Hour Meter With Resetable Feature?

Boomyal<br />A car has a non resetable odometer also. May I suggest that a log book is a better way. You keep your total hours and log your hours anytime you do something. Do good maintenance and keep records in your log book and if you should ever sell boat it will make your boat worth more. If you were working on your car would you want to know you change the oil 2000 miles ago or got gas 200 miles ago but not know the total mileage on your car.<br /><br />I do not think I have seen a resetable hour meter.

CCrew

Chief Petty Officer

I've seen a resettable hour meter. Do an eBay search....Every time I post a link it gets poofed!<br /><br />-Roger

gaugeguy

Captain

There are tachometers out there with LCD hourmeters that have a resetable function. They are kind of like trip odometers. They have a seasonal hour channel that is non-resetable and a maintenance hour feature that is resetable.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

tinytach is $35, keeps engine hrs. & easy to reset, and now I have a 2nd tach. to look at when I'm not driving and doing stuff in the stern. 1 wire attatches to plug wire, 2nd to ground.