bow seats structural?

lingcod

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am wondering if the V shaped seats under the cuddy cabin are structural or cometic. I am rebuilding the boat and want to change the configuration of the seating up front to install a toilet. pics are in the sharaproject. the seats that I am talking about are the ones behind the fan in the pic.

gspig

Chief Petty Officer
Re: bow seats structural?

Looks like you already took the cuddy bench out. I don't think there is significant hull strenth tied to the cuddy bench. If it bothers you, you could add some reinforcement to the keel line up to the tip of the bow. Definetly securely fasten the deck cap around the bow.

lingcod

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I had to take out the bench cuz the wood in it was all rotten. I will be replacing part of the bench but not in it's original shape.<br /><br />tashasdaddy... what the heck does "tell the good by" mean?

surlyjoe

Chief Petty Officer

those hulls were used for a few models, I'm sure you could run it with just the floor and deck an be fine

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

sorry, typo tell them good bye. the seats

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Nice project boat. Really like those hard top cabins. Besides changing the seats, are you making any other cabin changes?<br /><br />I agree with the others that those seats added no significant structural support.

lingcod

Petty Officer 2nd Class

can't make any changes in the cabin. the bow deck,hardtop sides and floor all the way to the transom are one piece molded fiberglass. I am really happy with the layout as is. I got my first shipment of glass and resin yesterday so I hope to get the transom in on saturday. then the stringers and bulkheads over the next few days.