1949 Chrysler parts, whole wanted

mathbeak

Cadet
Hello from Port McNeill, BC.<br /><br />I am helping (as little as possible) a friend with his 1939 Monk Sedan 32'. We are hoping to buy a V-drive to replace the leaky and already-repaired v-drive transmission in the boat. The engine is a 1949 Chrysler Crown 6 cyl. Any leads appreciated, thanks in advance, <br /><br />Alan L. in BC<br /><br />
Chrysler~1.JPG
Chrysler~2.JPG

Always Broke

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1949 Chrysler parts, whole wanted

How much money does he wanna spend? Saw that same motor in a boat but it’s a ’48 for $5500 bucks. http://www.woodboats.org/ I talked to my dad who was a mechanic way back when and he said the old strait eight and six motors that Chrysler made were basically the same from the early ‘30’s up until 1950 including the bolt pattern for the transmission. Looking at the distributor in your’s it appears to be a six cylinder. The automotive and boat engines were basically the same with the same differences as the later ones, some were opposite rotation, different cams, exhaust etc… that’s the good news. The bad news is he just sold a guy a 37 Chrysler about six months ago that needed a restoration and after a few months of searching he couldn’t find anything for the motor so he gave up on it and went to a later model motor.