Boat Identification

1974-starcraft

Recruit
I just received a 1974 Starcraft with a Mercruiser 120 i/o engine. I need to istall a new floor, and seats in it. What do you recomend I use for the flooring? Also How do I identify which Starcraft model I have, so i can get specs for the boat?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Boat Identification

Welcome to iboats.

We have an entire forum devoted to Starcrafts, and another forum for restoration projects, many of which are Starcrafts.

So, Start here:

Starcraft Boats

http://forums.iboats.com/starcraft-boats/starcraft-rebuilds-restorations-theyre-all-here-494143.html

There is a thread at the top of the page, which links to most model year Starcraft brochures.
Of course, post a few photos, and the length of your boat, and I'm sure one of us will tell you exactly what you have.

For the floor, use 5/8 or 3/4" plywood, NOT pressure treated if it is an aluminum boat, but sealed in either SPAR varnish, or epoxy resin.

THen cover with a very good grade of marine carpet, or use a marine vinyl like Nautalex if you don't want to spend time cleaning and vacuuming the carpet.

Ok, we're waiting on the photos of you new baby. :)

Oh, and fill in you location, as us fellow members of "The Starmada Fleet" like to keep tabs on each other.

Last edited:

1974-starcraft

Recruit

I live in Arkansaw, Wi. I got the boat, motor, trailer, and title for free. The hull in in amazing shape for how old it is. The seats are rotted but can be rebuilt. It has a mercruiser 120 L4 engine that is currently stuck. I will get some pics on here this weekend. I look forward to all the knowledge I will be getting from you guys.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Cool.

Glass ? or Aluminum?

1974-starcraft

Recruit

I just found out today that it is a 1974 18ft Starcraft SuperSport. It has an aluminum hull. I aslo found out that i'm going to have to pull the engine, hone the cylinders, and re-ring the pistons. I forgot to take some pics of it tonight, but i'll get some on here soon. I do have a question about the trim/tilt operation. I can make it go done but not up. I think i'm supposed to push both buttons for up, but all I hear is a soft click noise from what I think is a solenoid, any thoughts?