Anyone have a idea as what to do with a 1976 EBKO Cobra Boat with a OMC 190 V8-302

ILFarmboy

Recruit
Hello, I'm a newbie here. I was given this boat from a lady that didn't know what to do with it. Then I found this forum. The boat is in pretty ruff condition, but it floats and is all there, including the trailer. From what I can figure out it is a 1976 990232A11 EBKO Cobra boat with a 190 OMC V-8 302 with a holley ford 2 bal. She said it ran back in 2007. I guess what I'm asking is where do I find out what it might be worth to either part out or sell as a whole? Thanks

southkogs

Staff member
Re: Anyone have a idea as what to do with a 1976 EBKO Cobra Boat with a OMC 190 V8-30

She's worth more to you in parts than whole. The '76 OMC is most likely an Electric Shift Stringer drive and if it works the lower is probably able to fetch you a couple hundred bucks by itself. You'll need to find out if it works before it'll fetch that kinda' price though.

Old boats are kinda' funny - they don't have a following like cars do, so you'll never really get your money back outta' them. They way you describe it - whole, the boat is probably worth what you paid for it ;)

Welcome aboard.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: Anyone have a idea as what to do with a 1976 EBKO Cobra Boat with a OMC 190 V8-30

I guess what I'm asking is where do I find out what it might be worth to either part out or sell as a whole? Thanks

Howdy,

Welcome aboard!

Your best bet would be to peruse Craigslist , ebay or the Boattrader etc, and look for similar boats/engines that have sold.

What they're asking is of course, NOT an indication of what they get but it's a place to start.

Regards,

Rick