getting some kind of alarm at controls

racetrack

Seaman Apprentice
have a e-20ecce 20 hp , just got it and got it running in a tank it ran for about 15 min then got some kind of busser noise from the control box [ forward / reverse /throttle ] what is it ? motor seemed to be a little hot i it some kind of safety alarm or what

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: getting some kind of alarm at controls

You guessed it and WELCOME!! I hope you didn't run it after the alarm went off. A couple of things - When was the last time you serviced the water pump? And were you running in shallow water - shallow enough to pickup mud & stuff? Also check the prop for fishing line. And by all means don't run it until you fix it.

racetrack

Seaman Apprentice

You guessed it and WELCOME!! I hope you didn't run it after the alarm went off. A couple of things - When was the last time you serviced the water pump? And were you running in shallow water - shallow enough to pickup mud & stuff? Also check the prop for fishing line. And by all means don't run it until you fix it.

Thanks thats what it was , shut it off right away .running it in a drum of water before I take it over to the river. the little pee hole water discharge was block with some crap , blew it out and every thing works now , May get in the water for the first time in the morning .

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Did you replace the water pump ??

racetrack

Seaman Apprentice

ran it on the river yesterday ran fine . Don't plan on doing to much boatiing the rest of the season . will replace the iimpeller this winter when done for the season and winterize it , thanks for the help!!!!!!!