how to run 2 graphs from 1 transducer

jrdplowing

Seaman Apprentice
i have a lowrance x-75, a friend gave me an eagle magna-3 unit and it has the same plug in ports as the x-75, but i would like to buy a power cable, and then would like to know how i can run both units with the same transducer, or if this is even possible, any help would be appreciated, thanks

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: how to run 2 graphs from 1 transducer

There are a few A-B switch boxes that allow you to run a single transducer with dual head units or vice-versa. However you cannot run both at the same time -- it is either unit 1 or unit 2. It's all about internal electronics and circuits in parallel which is a relatively complex topic for the electrically challenged to get their head around.

jrdplowing

Seaman Apprentice

so does that mean i can not just cut and splice a second female connector into the transducer cable and run both units with 1 transducer, because of the parallel circuits, and also the internals of the units, thanks,

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Do not cut and splice,......

You'll end up wrecking your cable,...

And the older cables and transducers can be hard to find and expensive when you do find them,..

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

so does that mean i can not just cut and splice a second female connector into the transducer cable and run both units with 1 transducer, because of the parallel circuits, and also the internals of the units, thanks,

Thats what you would be doing and that is why it won't work.

jrdplowing

Seaman Apprentice

i think i have just realized the problem would be with the fact that each unit sends a signal to the transducer then reads the return info on the display screen, witch would make it impossible to have 2 units sending 1 transducer a signal and be able to read the return signal, so i will be buying a seperate transducer, thanks for the heads up