marine surveyor in Jacksonville/Daytona FL area

goggler

Recruit
looking for recommendations for marine surveyor in Jacksonville/Daytona area. Any help would be most appreciated!

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Re: marine surveyor in Jacksonville/Daytona FL area

Check the boating magazines and the Marine Trader ads.

But learn from my mistake: Watch him do the work! I left my surveyor to work (because I hate having people watch me while I work), and I got all the info back a few days later. His inspection record indicated that the checked the compression in all cylinders, leakdown test, etc. When I picked up the boat and it wasn't running properly, I decided to change the plugs. That's when I found 2 broken plugs, both with heavy discoloration on the broken ceramic, which tells me 2 things....1) He never checked the compression on the outboard side of the engines (his fat butt never would have fit over there), and 2) This wasn't a recent break in the plugs.
When I called him out on it, he admitted he fudged the outside cylinder compression tests and refunded my money. I followed up with a compression test of my own, which luckily turned out to be fine.

P.S., my inspection took place in Jax as well.

Aside from assuring that you're work is actually being performed, you might learn a thing or two about what to look for.