Johnson Outboard

Big Claude

Cadet
I've just purchased a 1992 Ranger Bass Boat with a 1992 Johnson Faststrike 150 on it. It takes a long time to get the fuel bulb to pump the fuel and get firm. I took the fuel bulb off and it doesn't appear to be malfunctioning and the check valves are OK. I don't know anything about boat motors but it seems like there must be another check valve somewhere else. It cranks and runs great and I cannot find any leaks in the fuel system anywhere. Any suggestions where to look?

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Johnson Outboard

How long is long ?? Try holding the primer bulb in a vertical position once and see what happens.

Big Claude

Cadet

How long is long ?? Try holding the primer bulb in a vertical position once and see what happens.

Takes probably 2min to get a prime started and a minute after that to get the bulb firm. Fuel lines don't have enough play in them to hold the bulb verticle. Pumped it up yesterday evening and it didn't take it but a minute to prime it today.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

The check valves in the primer bulb work better in a vertical position. Lengthen your fuel line to be able to do it.

Big Claude

Cadet

The check valves in the primer bulb work better in a vertical position. Lengthen your fuel line to be able to do it.

Thanks for your help. I'll try that tomorrow and see if that helps. Thanks again!