Random alarm 75hp Mercury 4 stroke

garaldo

Recruit
75hp Mercury 4 Stroke Engine model: 1F75412YD (year 2001?)

I sometimes have constant beep alarm a few seconds after starting engine (from cold). It does not always happen, and usually stops after a few restarts and engine runs fine.

Oil level ok and it's not overheating.

Some days it happens, others it doesn't. Also I think that if I start engine when part tilted and then lower it doesn't seem to happen. (although this could just be a coincidence). Any suggestions appreciated.

Okielure

Cadet
Re: Random alarm 75hp Mercury 4 stroke

Have no suggestions, but curious with the responses to this thread. No a buddy with similar problems.

garaldo

Recruit

Just wanted to add that the alarm actually only sounds after the engine is started - any time from about 10 seconds to a minute or so from start. It doesn't sound if the key is on but engine not running.

garaldo

Recruit

OK, spent the morning checking a few things out. It seems the alarm is the oil pressure switch - disconnect the pink/white wire and it stops.

If I start the engine half tilted (so still pumps water) and then slowly lower alarm doesn't sound. Any restart after that with engine in down position all OK - no alarm. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.