Please Help on Owners Manual

terrysandlin

Seaman
I recently purchased a 1998 bass boat with a 1998 60 hp Evinrude. I have searched over Google and cannot find a 1998 Owners Manual for 60 hp. I have no problem paying for the manual. I do have a very clear OMC 50 - 70 hp Service Manual for 1998. I have only used tillers of 25 hp or less. I need something more basic than the service manual.

Thanks for all your help. For safety and other reasons, I really need an owners manual.

terrysandlin

Seaman
Re: Please Help on Owners Manual

I have looked at their site and called them. They don't seem to have OWNERS manuals for 1998 Evinrudes. I do have an original equipment service manual. Owner's manuals, or copies of owner's manuals seem impossible to find (Ebay, Google, etc.), even PDF copies. 2005 to present and 1996 to far past seem to be available. It is frustrating when one is willing to pay for pieces of paper and not be able to locate one.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

Sorry, I thought you were looking for a service manual.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Call BRP customer service at 1-262-884-5993 as they maybe can put you on to something.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

marineengine.com likely has it. You can google the part number and may find some other places. I just ordered a service manual from Dusky sports center. It was a few $ cheaper.

terrysandlin

Seaman

Thank you for all you assistance. I may not need the OWNERS manual. The dealer took me out to a lake and ran the bass boat. He went through everything to make certain both I and he were happy and satisfied with the boat and engine. I have a friend with a similar boat who will help me in operation etc. of the boat. There seems to be a void in obtaining OWNERS manuals for Evinrude between 1996 and 2005. Marineengine.com does not have the manual when I talked to them today. I DO have a SERVICE MANUAL for this engine and I believe that most if not all maintenance intervals are covered. Thanks Again.

Terry