Juan is leaving NASCAR?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Juan is leaving NASCAR?

Me too! :)

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I actually was a fan of Juan when he was in Indy and Formula one. He was a heck of a wheel man. Not so much as a NASCAR driver......

Juan doesn't have one sponsor for next year as of yet. Supposedly he had a least one offer with another NASCAR team.... Not sure if it was with the #78 or not....

Last edited:

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I actually was a fan of Juan when he was in Indy and Formula one. He was a heck of a wheel man. Not so much as a NASCAR driver......

Juan doesn't have one sponsor for next year as of yet. Supposedly he had a least one offer with another NASCAR team.... Not sure if it was with the #78 or not....

I'm pretty sure it was, but I agree I liked him better in open wheel and I wish him the best of luck!

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Is that the Juan who ran over a jet dryer under caution? Hope he does better with Indy, pretty much been bluster and blow with NASCAR ...

Last edited:

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Is that the Juan who ran over a jet dryer under caution? Hope he does better with Indy, pretty much been bluster and blow with NASCAR ...

no he didn't run over the jet dryer but he sure attempted to!!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

I am not surprised at all that he is moving back to open wheel, he was always a much better driver of those cars than he has been in NASCAR.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

THere will be some body hangers out of work when he leaves. :D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Other than Stewart, not many open wheelers seem to make it nascar. And many have tried. I think it's because they have a built in protect the wheels attitude and don't bump and run.