Bombardier Jet Ski ID Help Needed

linckeil

Petty Officer 3rd Class
let me start by saying i know nothing about jetskis and have never ridden one.

so a friend just sold his house and had to clean up some stuff on his property. he had a jetski that he bought like 10-15 years ago, had mechanical problems with, tried to fix (hes far from a mechanic), and then parked in the woods. it was free so i figured i'd take. i'm hoping someone can help me identify the year, model, the engine, etc and let me know if it has any value (even if only as a parts ski). he's looking for paper work on it, but doesn't recall any of the specifics on it.

Here's the info I have - i will try to get pictures if you think that may help:

1) It has no markings on it except for a gas cap that says "Bombardier".
2) It has a 2 cylinder engine that says "ROTAX" and "Bombardier". The engine is painted blue.
3) HIN ZZN01006E888 stamped on transom
4) Its a sit down model, capable of carrying 2 people.
5) Has steering and throttle like a dirt dike.

Anything else i should be looking at for ID purposes? Would pictures help? Based on this information, any thoughts on year or model? thanks.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bombardier Jet Ski ID Help Needed

It's a 1988 SP with a 587 cc motor.

linckeil

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thanks. is this an antiquated piece of junk? or is it worth trying to fix up if its not too much effort? or if i decide it is too much work, does it have any value to anyone as a parts jetski?

timmyboy76

Petty Officer 3rd Class

throw some pics up!!! You NEVER find a 1988 Seadoo...i think you got some cash coming to you, from the "right" buyer....to bad he painted the motor. They came yellow.

check out 1st pic

Sea Doo Model Reference (1988-2010)

linckeil

Petty Officer 3rd Class

interesting.... it looks just like the one pictured in that link, however in a lot rougher condition....

i'll try to get some pics up and take a closer look at the motor to see if there some yellow under the blue paint.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer

thanks. is this an antiquated piece of junk? or is it worth trying to fix up if its not too much effort? or if i decide it is too much work, does it have any value to anyone as a parts jetski?

Those are tough to answer without pictures.

Most likely yes it is junk. Fixing it up could cost 1-2k and it's probably only worth about $500 if it's running. Since it was stored outdoors I'm guessing it's in rough shape.

Someone out there may want it for parts but I couldn't tell you what those prices would be.

jackd1023

Petty Officer 1st Class

Those are tough to answer without pictures.

Most likely yes it is junk. Fixing it up could cost 1-2k and it's probably only worth about $500 if it's running. Since it was stored outdoors I'm guessing it's in rough shape.

Someone out there may want it for parts but I couldn't tell you what those prices would be.
I thought so too, had one that ran that I picked up in a package of 4 skis, (needed the trailer) That one went for $900.00 with a cheap trailer, running. I may have got lucky but they seem to be very polular for their reliability and ease of repairs.

linckeil

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ok, here are some pictures. engine was yellow - someone painted it blue for some reason. I could clean it up and it would look a lot better. appears to be pretty complete. engine turns over by hand.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 0
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 0

linckeil

Petty Officer 3rd Class

a couple more......

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 0

timmyboy76

Petty Officer 3rd Class

cool man...thx for the pics. Definitely a 1988, with the entire seat hatch opening up. 1990 went with just a removable seat...i'd "ask" around or even shoot "seadoosource" an email about it.

linckeil

Petty Officer 3rd Class

great - thanks for the info. i sent an email to seadoosource.

shagy959

Seaman Apprentice

the ski it self last time i sold one like that was lucky to get 200 out of it now that has some aftermarket parts on it id say part it out sell it on ebay sell the trailer on clist what ever is left for parts that doesnt sell take to the scrap yard and get scrap metal price for it