Suzuki 1989 dt55 exhaust leak

Ryan21

Recruit
1989 suzuki dt55 outboard motor
Had vary little water coming out the pee hole took it to gates marina deal md. He told me there's exhaust coming out the pee hole and he broke the bolts off the exhaust cover. Said its prob an exhaust housing gasket but would be a lot of labour to fix. This is after he missed diagnosed rebuilt the carbs and changed the impeller. My q. Would the exhaust housing gasket cause exhaust to come out the pee hole? Or could it be something else?

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Suzuki 1989 dt55 exhaust leak

Welcome to iboats ..... sounds like your mechanic needs to go back to mechanic school .... ideally he needs to fix the broken bolts on his own account

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Suzuki 1989 dt55 exhaust leak

1989 suzuki dt55 outboard motor
Had vary little water coming out the pee hole took it to gates marina deal md. He told me there's exhaust coming out the pee hole and he broke the bolts off the exhaust cover. Said its prob an exhaust housing gasket but would be a lot of labour to fix. This is after he missed diagnosed rebuilt the carbs and changed the impeller. My q. Would the exhaust housing gasket cause exhaust to come out the pee hole? Or could it be something else?

There is water and exhuast in that area, so if there is a leak due to corrosion or gasket failure yes exhaust could get in the water. But I am not sure if it would come out of the tell tail as I do not know where the Zuks tell tail come off of