What's that speckled paint called?

Evinrude Boater

Lieutenant Junior Grade
My fiberglass boat is painted on the inside with a paint that has speckles of different colours. Anybody know what that paint is called? Can it be rolled or brushed on or only sprayed?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: What's that speckled paint called?

It is only available in spray cans as far as I know. Check out auto suppliers for it. Someone once posted a link to a place that will make custom color speckle paint. I think the post was from this year. Use the Search button and you may find it.<br /><br />Mark.

Dunaruna

Admiral

It's called speckled paint - seriously.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

If this is the original finish, it's webbing solution added to the gel coat and then sprayed on. Depending on how much you add to the gel coat and how you adjust the spray gun, you can get different results. But you can get a similar product in a spray can, I have used it before with good results, but I haven't seen it in a while.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Classicboater, We used to call it "Trunk Spackle Paint". It was used by GM on the trunks of their cars. I presumed it could be had at the GM Dealer.

Evinrude Boater

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've got something to hunt down now.<br />Classic

KilroyJC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Try this outfit:<br /><br /> http://www.eastwood.com/ <br /><br />They can be a bit pricey, but their products are high quality.<br /><br />Good Luck!<br /><br />Matt M