1995 Johnson 175 fast strike manifold balance tube?

trxxx250r

Seaman
Hello,

I have a 175 (J175GLEOM) and I need to know if I am routing the port side "manifold balance tube", hose to the right location. I believe it goes to the bottom nipple on the air silencer but I'm not positive. Is this correct?

I know the hose from the opposite side goes to the bottom of the engine case. It seems strange the port one would just go to the air intake...

Please help, thanks!

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: 1995 Johnson 175 fast strike manifold balance tube?

Hello,

I have a 175 (J175GLEOM) and I need to know if I am routing the port side "manifold balance tube", hose to the right location. I believe it goes to the bottom nipple on the air silencer but I'm not positive. Is this correct?

I know the hose from the opposite side goes to the bottom of the engine case. It seems strange the port one would just go to the air intake...

Please help, thanks!

i have the manual in hand and it does say specifically that the "port balance tube" go to the "bottom of air sliencer"

the starboard balance tube goes to the lower main bearing, also the upper main bearing vent routes to the other opening in the air silencer

good luck

bob

trxxx250r

Seaman
Re: 1995 Johnson 175 fast strike manifold balance tube?

Excellent! Thank you, Bob!

However, that seems strange, why do they have one going to the case and the other going to the intake, etc...?

Maybe someone can explain why Johnson does this?