location of mercruiser fuel cooler plug

sandib210

Recruit
Would anyone be able to tell me where the plug is that goes to the fuel cooler on my 08 4.3 mercruiser I/B with MPD with an open cooled system( or what ever you call the system that uses the lake water for cooling). Thank you!

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: location of mercruiser fuel cooler plug

Hi there, Welcome to iboats, Do you by chance have your engine serial number handy? It would help narrow down the search as some things have changed over the years.

sandib210

Recruit
Re: Mercruiser 4.3 Coolant Reservoir Location

Re: Mercruiser 4.3 Coolant Reservoir Location

Ahhh, I love forums. This was pretty much the same question I came here looking to answer. I was wondering if I have a fuel cooler. I am in the process of winterizing and I wanted to drain everything. I only found 5 plugs and I was wondering if I should be looking for #6 on the hoses leading to a fuel cooler. I'm guessing from these responses that I don't have one? (Same engine as above).

sandib210

Recruit

Hi there, Welcome to iboats, Do you by chance have your engine serial number handy? It would help narrow down the search as some things have changed over the years.

yes it's 1A086794
Thank you!

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

that comes back with no cooler. fuel line hooks to fuel sep , thru a electric pump and then to the carb.

Fun Times

Staff member

yes it's 1A086794
Thank you!
Agreed with BT Doc, your engine model does not have a fuel cooler to worry about.

And it looks like you found them all as 5 blue plugs would do it. I'm pretty sure yours does not have one, but some engine models have blue plug as a "vent" on the thermostat housing itself. If you happen to be in the boat check for it, if not, it's not all that important.

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show...=13798&bnbr=180&bdesc=Standard+Cooling+System

Enjoy your winter.:)