Angler Power Cat

lostatsee

Cadet
Any opinions on a 1999 Angler Power cat? This one looks like it was babied and well cared for.

lostatsee

Cadet
Re: Angler Power Cat

It is a clean 99 with 250 Yamaha; basic electronics. But I was just wondering about the general opinion of Angler boats and the handling on cats. I have heard some negative things about Angler.

agallant80

Commander

Cats are a bit odd in the sense that they feel very different than a traditional v-hull boat which can turn some people off. As for the brand I don't know much about them. People often write here about what do you think about this used boat or that used boat and the replies are overwhelming along the lines of when the boat gets old it is more about condition than who made it. A well taken care of 15 year old bayliner is a better boat to by then a negelected 15 year old Chaparral.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Angler is a quality boat and has been wood free construction for some time, although I'm not sure about 1999. I had a 2003 FX204 and found it to be a great off shore fishing boat. Solid hull, transom, great deadrise and a deep V. High gunnels and a solid floor gave for a great riding boat. Cats are VERY stable rides, especially in rough water due to their larger footprint, but you forgo the sharp turning that you get with a V hull. I haven't heard anything negative about Angler, but that's just my position. Care and maintenance are a better indicator of a boat's condition.

I found this thread on another forum which gives more history on the model:
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/179687-angler-catamaran-20ft.html

Last edited: