Picking up a 1985 Melhart Success

cudamank

Cadet
HI everyone. Well I purchased a boat off of ebay and heading up Sunday. Its a 18' Melart Success (we will see about that). It has a 170? inboard and a merc outdrive. IF you saw it on ebay, then you know it needs a floor. I have spent the better part of the evenings watching videos from Friscoboater and others restoring their boats, and I guess I will see where this takes me. This will be my third boat. I have a habit of getting boats that dont run, fixing them and then selling them. (Sometimes without evening getting to splash them). I really want something to get out on the water with and this seems like a good project.

If nothing else, it came with a tandem axel trailer. Will post some photos when I get her home. Suggestions always appreciated, laughter to be expected.

Celtichawk

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Picking up a 1985 Melhart Success

Well all I got say your odds are against you so far. You said it yourself you want a boat to be on water with. Suggest you do better research and invest a little more into a boat that is turn key and already on the water.

I can't judge though I like project boats it brings the fun and sense of ownership to your own liking when you redo them.

Celtichawk

Chief Petty Officer

Oh but we welcome your new fetch and eager to see those photos!

cudamank

Cadet

Hello! I have no illusions about being on the water anytime soon with this one. lol But I do enjoy working on things. Project boats usually turn into basket case boats, but time will tell.

Celtichawk

Chief Petty Officer

As long as you yourself plan your future and not expect a miracle to happen you have it made! You will be on the water in no time. Why ditch the other boats simply because of no water time or lost of interest or bigger dreams!?

cudamank

Cadet

Lack of time to get to the water. Now I have my weekends and evenings free, so should work out.

Celtichawk

Chief Petty Officer

Awesome welcome to Iboats and watching those friscoboat videos is a huge plus!!!!!