SX 195 Dash Lights

Teight

Recruit
I have a Glastron SX195 with a full instrument panel. Last night on the lake all but one light (the last on the right) went dark. I changed out all the fuses under the dash in the main fuse panel/box. Still no lights. All gauges are working fine. Just the lights out.

I am not an experienced electrician, wondering if this is a fairly simple fix or a major troubleshoot to find where the issue is starting from.

Appreciate any and all the assistance I can get!!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: SX 195 Dash Lights

I have a Glastron SX195 with a full instrument panel. Last night on the lake all but one light (the last on the right) went dark. I changed out all the fuses under the dash in the main fuse panel/box. Still no lights. All gauges are working fine. Just the lights out.

I am not an experienced electrician, wondering if this is a fairly simple fix or a major troubleshoot to find where the issue is starting from.

Appreciate any and all the assistance I can get!!

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,...
Gauge lights are usually daisy chained with both power, 'n ground,...

Ya got something loose or broken, I'm guessin',...

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Instrument lights are typically wired to the NAV side of the Navigation light switch. The lights don't need to be on at anchor so they are not wired for that. Since the gauges work, the light and the gauge share the ground so you have a +12 volt issue, not a ground issue. The "L" terminal on each gauge powers the internal light. That terminal on each gauge just jumps from one gauge to the next. Replacing all the fuses was a waste of time as you found out. Only one of them would have been involved. Assuming you checked the bulb in each gauge and found them ok, the means there is a loose or missing connection on the gauge just after the one that works.

SB Ridge

Cadet

Teight, as I am a rookie myself with boat wiring, I just got done with my own fun on a 05' Glastron SX175.. I have post in this same category http://forums.iboats.com/electrical...g-double-vision-10pin-dna-arp-off-626225.html
I have a picture of my dash and the OEM sechmatic for the 10pin 0n-off-On switch. if you see the picture with my switches the one labled 0420 is my NAV/ANC Switch. In the most upper left hand-corner just slightly behing the "red" wire in the forground is the "Blue" wire to my Dash lights. This may help you track down your problem.
If this is no help, I feel your pain. :grumpy::confused::joyous: SB Ridge