A true story....that will make you grin

Emeraldsnake

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Last summer, down on Lake Isabella, located in the high desert an hour east of Bakersfield, CA, some folks new to boating, were having a problem. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't get their brand new 22 foot boat going. It was very sluggish in almost every maneuver, no matter how much power they applied. After about an hour of trying to make it go, they putted into a nearby marina, thinking someone there may be able to tell them what was wrong. A thorough topside check revealed everything in perfect working condition. The engine ran fine, the out-drive went up and down, and the propeller was the correct size and pitch. So, one of the marina guys jumped in the water to check underneath. He came up choking on water, he was laughing so hard. NOW REMEMBER...THIS IS TRUE.
Under the boat, still strapped securely in place, was the trailer! :eek::facepalm::faint2::D

Alwhite00

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: A true story....that will make you grin

Have heard that story about a dozen different boats/cities over the years, Mythbusters even did an episode on it.

LK

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

This seems quite unlikely . I know there are a lot of not so bright people out there but someone would have had to unhook the trailer from tow vehicle .. Just seems to me no one could be THAT dumb ! :D

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

This seems quite unlikely . I know there are a lot of not so bright people out there but someone would have had to unhook the trailer from tow vehicle .. Just seems to me no one could be THAT dumb ! :D

one would be surprised at the power of stupidity some people have mastered.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Plenty of those on you tube. Staged I am sure !!!!

Emeraldsnake

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm sceptical.....but was just for giggles...the image it serves up in the minds eye is priceless.

Wind dog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Funny story but I call BS, I mean the marina guy had to get into the water to see the trailer?

tpenfield

Staff member

FWIW - I heard that story about 10 years ago. . .

matt167

Captain

I heard there was a boat dealer who would leave the boat strappped to the trailer if he sold a boat on his lake with a private launch

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have heard of people doing on purpose to get the boat & trailer to a remote cottage where there is no road access to drive the trailer. They have a vehicle at the cottage that stays there all year and was driven there in the winter over the ice.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Not this stupid story again! :facepalm:

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Whadyall mean? It's on the internet, it must be true.......:rolleyes:

Emeraldsnake

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Blimey.....sorry for trying to get a smile!!

fishrdan

Admiral

never mind....:D

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member

Even though it is fake, and has been heard Many times, it still brings a smile to my face remembering the first time I heard it as a blonde joke ... I think it was Ladyfish's doing ... that should get her and the drunk pirate, Mr. Ladyfish, out of retirement and checking in here!:laugh:

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

when a hurricane was approaching imy area, a guy further inland was advised to pull his 19' wellcraft out of the slip and leave it up in the parking lot on the trailer; the larger boats stayed in their slips. Well the floodings was way worse than predicted, and all the moored boats survived OK, but his was gone--found it still on the trailer a few miles up river on the bank--and in OK condition considering!