force L-drive 85 HP idle screw?

thao

Cadet
hi Guys, I Think I Need To Adjust Idle, Because It Keeps Dying On Idle, But I can't locate The Idle Screw. can Anyone post A Picture Of Where It Is? Or Tell Me And Be Specific, Kind Of New To Boating. Thanks. Force 85 HP L-drive.

BlueFishCrisis

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: force L-drive 85 HP idle screw?

With the motor cowl off, you will see a vertical shaft that runs along the front of the power head. This shaft rotates when you advance the throttle. The vertical shaft, or tower, also connects to the carb linkages. About midway up the tower, there is an arm that has a machine bolt and a nut which contacts the block when fully closed. Loosen the nut, then screw the bolt in to increase idle, out to decrease.......

thao

Cadet

ThankYou. I located The Spot. The Problem Is That The Nut AnD Bolt Is Missing. No Wonder I Couldn't Find It. Thanks For The Nuts And Bolts

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Any 1/4 X 20 stainless nut and bolt will do. Get one about 1 1/4 inches long. Lowes or Home depot have them.

BlueFishCrisis

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ThankYou. I located The Spot. The Problem Is That The Nut AnD Bolt Is Missing. No Wonder I Couldn't Find It. Thanks For The Nuts And Bolts
No wonder you were having trouble adjusting it!!