repairing flooring/ cap removal

skoon

Cadet
We have a 1990 fiberking bomber, (cobra commander). we need to redo the flooring, and need some help with this project. Any help or suggestions on how to remove the cap and the best way to properly fix the flooring, the hull and transom are in great shape, as well as the 4.2 v-6 mercruiser stern drive. any pictures, of this type of boat would be greatly appreciated. not any info out there about these boats. We are new to baoting and this seems like it will be a very big but fun project.
Thanks in advance for any help
Skoon

Okielure

Cadet
Re: repairing flooring/ cap removal

I'm about to start a similar diy project in my Skeeter. Originally, when I bought the boat, which was purchased by another owner in 1988 used during tournament play for 4 years then placed in a barn, in 2011 it had a rotted out floor. I replaced it with plywood, but didn't place any top sealer, fiberglass, etc. on it. Now, I'm paying for it and I'm gathering information from this site to properly do it right for the last time. To gain insight in to my project or possibly get a good idea for you project, you might view my post "Flooring/Decking."

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: repairing flooring/ cap removal

Typically, but not always, a soft floor is just a symptom of other issues below deck. Boats usually develop problems from the hull up. Once the deck/floor is removed you'll want to core sample the stringers, bulkheads and transom to ensure they are all free of wet, rotting wood. The first link in my signature below has some drawings and info on how to do all of the things you may have in your future.