Never forget...

angus63

Captain
The United States Merchant Marine Academy was presented a section of the structure from the World Trade Center for the rescue and recovery efforts of the Midshipmen, Faculty, and Staff on 9/11/01. My staff and students fabricated a scale model of the Twin Tower site to support the section. This Memorial will soon be fixed on campus overlooking the NY City skyline in the hope that we never forget...

1185268_690394744306346_1736352869_n.jpg

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Never forget...

Very nice Memorial, Angus. And......................... it's impossible to forget......................:usa2:

southkogs

Staff member

Well spoken and well done.

The name of American, which belongs to you in your national capacity, must always exalt the just pride of patriotism more than any appellation derived from local discriminations. With slight shades of difference, you have the same religion, manners, habits, and political principles. You have in a common cause fought and triumphed together; the independence and liberty you possess are the work of joint counsels, and joint efforts of common dangers, sufferings, and successes.

George Washington - 1796

Very Nice!!

I remember exactly where I was this morning, 12-years ago today like it was yesterday! I would have never imagined our country would have gone thru what we have since then, or what airports were like before all this.

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member

Spent this morning reliving the past ... had special services at the Fire Station, the First Responders Memorial, the Veterans Memorial, and the Police Station in our town ... do this every year. As Fire Department Chaplain, I get the honors of sometimes speaking, but always praying at this event and taps are played at each moment another plane faced its demise. Very solemn time for all America, but there is a brotherhood of First Responders that feel an extra dose of grief, just like the families that lost loved ones on the planes, in the towers, and in the Pentagon ... we are all family and the loss is real.

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

The United States Merchant Marine Academy was presented a section of the structure from the World Trade Center for the rescue and recovery efforts of the Midshipmen, Faculty, and Staff on 9/11/01. My staff and students fabricated a scale model of the Twin Tower site to support the section. This Memorial will soon be fixed on campus overlooking the NY City skyline in the hope that we never forget...

1185268_690394744306346_1736352869_n.jpg
Thanks for posting that.

What a great way to honor those that served, and to remind the younger one's of that day.