Pressure tank sticky?

handifly

Seaman
I have 2 different style pressure tanks and I know there are at least 3 used by Johnson/evinrude.

Is there a pressure tank expert out there who could do a sticky on the identification and repair of pressure tanks. I know vintageoutboard has 3 different style rebuild kits

Thanks

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: Pressure tank sticky?

The main 2 you will see are the ones with the black plastic button, and the ones with the metal button. The kits differ between these two. The difference is in the diaphragm. The black plastic button was the newer version.

I don't have any tanks apart right now or I could take pics. Ill be restoring a bunch over the winter, if no one posts before then I can document how to restore one.

handifly

Seaman

Thanks Chris. I will be very interested in your progress. I have purchased one rebuild kit for one of my tanks and am at a loss without the help of a local repair shop. I will need a different style fr the other tank. The kits contain diagrams but as we all have learned, restoring old equipment is fraught with many hurdles.

Please share your discoveries.

Thanks

The main 2 you will see are the ones with the black plastic button, and the ones with the metal button. The kits differ between these two. The difference is in the diaphragm. The black plastic button was the newer version.

I don't have any tanks apart right now or I could take pics. Ill be restoring a bunch over the winter, if no one posts before then I can document how to restore one.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

If you PM me with your email address I can send some literature on this.