coolant and fuel problem

timruger1

Recruit
I posted this earlier but it has apparently vanished

I am working on a Marine Power 350 cid port fuel injected with FWC

I have two issues plaguing me that I can not locate.

1. I seem to be losing coolant from an unknown location. I can not find any leaks and I had the exhaust manifolds off last year. At that time I had them milled flat and resealed them. I also have to water in the oil so I am at a loss as to where the coolant is going

2. The boat pukes fuel out the vent and gas cap from time to time while sitting in the driveway. Just randomly for no apparent reason. Where would I begin to diagnose this?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Re: coolant and fuel problem

Your fuel tank is too full,take some out.
Model#serial#,pictures,info on maintanence,winterizing or overheat in the past? Need more info!

timruger1

Recruit

Your fuel tank is too full,take some out.
Model#serial#,pictures,info on maintanence,winterizing or overheat in the past? Need more info!

I am not sure if thats sarcastic or you believe it.

The fuel tank is no more full than it has been in the past

We dont do a lot of winterizing here in WA state due to the weather and the boat is run year around. It doesnt overheat but I also havent let the coolant run dry.

I believe i left the engine info on the first post. The boat is a one of a kind 22ft maxum marine aluminum jet boat with a hamilton 212 and engine mounted forward under the center console.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral

Not meant to be sarcastic, if fuel comes out the vent,it has to be full. Seen it happen many times.
Water in the oil could be many things,bad headgasket,heat exchanger,oil cooler,or manifold/riser if it has one.
Do you have a way to pressure check the cooling systym? I'd start there.
Grub

WIMUSKY

Staff member

You may have the same amount of fuel in it, but was the weather warmer when it was leaking? Gas expands in hot weather. That's why you don't want to "pack" the fuel in. You need to leave a little room in the tank for expansion. I had it come out of the vent during a hot spell a time or two when I had my cruiser.....

Unsure from your original post whether you have moisture in the oil or not. If you can't find any leaks you're probably burning it....