Everglades cc???

Will Fish

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm looking at a '13 Everglades 325cc for a family member. The boat comes equipped with Yamaha twin 350s. I've been doing a ton of research on these and can't seem to find any known problems or any negativity. Seems too good to be true.

What are your thoughts? Any first hand experience? How does she handle in rough seas? Wet or dry? Maintenance? Etc?

The boat will be used in north east mostly inshore with making about 5-6 canyon runs a year for shark/tuna.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: Everglades cc???

there's one about 27' on my river and it looks like a great boat. I can't speak to anything except curb appeal. Since it's for a relative, get it. If it's good, good for you; if not, bad for him.

Will Fish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

there's one about 27' on my river and it looks like a great boat. I can't speak to anything except curb appeal. Since it's for a relative, get it. If it's good, good for you; if not, bad for him.

I don't want to steer him in the wrong direction. I will most likely be running the boat with him at least the first few times. It looks like a beautiful boat and I really like the layout. I'm used to old heavy boats that can really take a beating. The cc outboards are somewhat new to me and what to hear your thoughts on the ride and handling. As you all know things can get pretty hairy quick and I want to make sure a boat like this will be able to handle 6 or 7 footers if I'm offshore.

V153

Lieutenant Commander

Your relative must have deep pockets, Everglades is a high dollar boat. But from what I understand you get what you pay for. You'd be hard pressed to find anybody around here with anything bad to say about 'em. I know of several in the area. They are also used extensively by law enforcement.

V153

Lieutenant Commander

Just don't run outa fuel, 'specially if yer a cop. That kinda thing's hard to live down ...

Attachments

• Sheriff_Rescue_(7).jpg
    Sheriff_Rescue_(7).jpg
    152 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

They are great boats. Built five minutes from me. It's a modern version of a whaler with a different way of making the foam core, but basically the same.

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

More like an EdgeWater boat. The builder of Everglades is the same that started the EW company. His boats are expensive for many reasons. Best two boats on the water.

Will Fish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for all the info. I know big money but its a lot of boat want to make sure not going to take a pounding.

saumon

Lieutenant

Classics certainly have their place. EW and EG were not around back in the day when BW had few rivals in their class. EW and EG are the best boats built today. Just my 2 cents.....

I was just having fun and know EW and EG were like "evolved" modern BW and would certainly like owning one, if I can afford it...

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

More like an EdgeWater boat. The builder of Everglades is the same that started the EW company. His boats are expensive for many reasons. Best two boats on the water.

Yep he left Whaler and went down the street and started Edgewater (the name of the town all three are made in), then he crossed the street and made Everglades.

Most of the actual design work was/os done by a local outside designer though.

I know many people that have/are working for all three company's.

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

Saumon -- that is the problem with BW, EW, and EG-- affordability! All are premium boats with a premium price tag. The positive side is in these cases you do get what you pay for.