1975 Evinrude Paint

KilroyJC

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm being lazy by not researching more first, but does anyone know a supplier of paint - preferably in rattle-cans - that would match my '75? You know, that sort of greenish-yellowish-I-Have-no-idea-what-you'd-call-this-color? My cowl is showing fiberglass & really looks decrepit (sortakinda matches the owner).<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Matt M

KilroyJC

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1975 Evinrude Paint

Cool - thanks!<br /><br />Light Blue 1971-77 - thats BLUE?!?!?!?????!!???<br /><br />reminds me of a shirt a friend of mine has - he drives for Yellow Freight:<br /><br />"Yellow Freight - color blind since 1926"

swimmin' for shore

Chief Petty Officer

Let me know where you find it the cheapest. I just started to look because I have about 4 of those old evinrudes sitting at my house. I was going to fully restore one, just for something to play with this winter. Good luck!

KilroyJC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Trent!<br /><br />Swimmer - what's the very first thing I said?<br /><br />I'm being lazy!<br /><br />Truth in advertising. . .<br /><br />----------------<br /><br />So what is the name of that yellowish greenish cadmium-plating color on mid-70's Evinrudes properly called?